Zucchini and Onions

This recipe had a different name and honestly, I intended to follow directions but in some silly way, I left out the flour and this no longer could be called a Zucchini Onion Pie.

I have learned to forgive myself through a practice in school.  Particularly in math, the kids make errors and much of the time they are silly mistakes like adding 10 and 5 and getting 50. I tell them, these are minor and they will learn from them. We tend to cheer our mistakes since we truly do learn from them.

I learn from my cooking mistakes and while, I can't say, I will not leave an ingredient out, in the future, I am going to be more careful.

The resulting dish, although not a pie was tasty and we enjoyed it.


Zucchini and Onions



Ingredients:

3 eggs

1/2 cup olive oil

1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley

1/4 teaspoon salt




1/8 teaspoon pepper


3 cups sliced zucchini

1 cup brown rice flour mix

1 small onion, chopped

Method:




In a large bowl, whisk all the ingredients. 


Stir in the zucchini and onion. 

Pour into a greased 9-inch shallow pie plate. 

Bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until lightly browned.

Eat and enjoy.

Linked to: See Ya at the Gumbo                  Treasure Box Tuesday      Two Cup Tuesday       In and Out of the Kitchen       Tuesday’s Table    Fat Tuesday       Hearth and Soul Hop       Real Food Recipe Round Up 

Comments

  1. Sometimes forgetting an ingredient, results in the most delightful little dish. Or adding too much of another. One time I added double butter to my own formula for cornbread.

    Turned out to be the BEST cornbread ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely, but are you really recommending canola oil?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when 'mistakes' turn out deliciously! Your Zucchini and Onions sound delicious, Chaya. Thank you for sharing this post with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost