Chocolate Cream Pie

I love to cook and bake with chocolate. I like to eat chocolate. I am the only one in the house that eats chocolate. Knowing this, hopefully, you understand that I don't dare make too much chocolate. When school starts, I bake for my class and then I can again open the door to chocolate. They don't leave a crumb for me to be concerned about.

This pie is one of those that have layers of delicious ingredients. First a Mock Oreo pie crust. Then a cream cheese/whipped topping layer, then a bit of peanut butter and chocolate chips followed by the CHOCOLATE layer and some crumbs for the top. Fortunately, I have grandchildren coming for the weekend. I also have cookies and brownies. Grandma's prerogative......

I use a cream filled cookie like Oreos but a different brand. For the sake of ease, I will call it Oreo, for this recipe.


Oreo Pie Crust  

2 1/2 cups Oreo or substitute cream filled cookie crumbs (Pulse in food processor)
3 tablespoons of margarine 

I melted the margarine in the Pyrex pie plate in my microwave. I added the cookie crumbs, in the pan and pressed them in to form the crust.

Fillings:

Creamy filling: ( I cut the ingredients in half. This is half.)

4 ounces cream cheese
2 tablespoons sugar
6 ounces whipped topping
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Method:

Beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.

Gently add the whipped topping and mix. (Do not use beaters)

Place this carefully on top of pie crust.

I warmed up 1/3 cup of peanut butter and spread it in the middle over the cream.

Top peanut butter which should cover 3/4 of surface with a sprinkling of chocolate chips.


Chocolate Layer:

Mix one package of instant chocolate pudding with 1 cup of milk. This will be thick.

When it is mixed well, mix in remaining whipped topping (I think it is 6 ounces) I am referring to something like Cool Whip which comes in a tub, not the kind you have to beat although I see no reason for not doing the work ourselves.  Spread on top of the pie.

Take extra cookie crumbs and sprinkle on top of pie. You can use chocolate chip (miniature) or chocolate sprinkles or anything that appeals to you.

Eat and Enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost