Apple Kugel - Improv Cooking Challenge


It's time for another Improv Challenge!  

Apple kugels are a favorite in our home which meant, to me, I had to make one for the Improv Cooking Challenge which this month is featuring apple and cinnamon.  I must admit that apple and cinnamon are two ingredients that often are found together and it was easy not to push for creativity. When this kugel is so delicious, why go exotic?

I can't wait to see how some of our creative members use their apple and cinnamon.

Lesa Roemke from Edesia's Notebook's leads this group and you can reach her on her blog, if you would like to join in.

                                            Apple Kugel - Improv Apples and Cinnamon

                                                                        Ingredients:

6 apples
8 eggs
1/2 cup potato starch (you can sub in brown rice flour mix rather than potato starch)
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (gluten-free)
10 ounces oil
1 tablespoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons sugar

Method:

Preheat oven 350 degrees F.

Grease either one 9 x 13 inch baking pan.

Beat eggs and sugar until fluffy.

Slice apples,  

Mix apples and eggs.  Add vanilla, oil and potato starch and sugar.  Mix well but gently

Bake at 350 degrees for 40 - 50 minutes.

Cut into squares and eat and enjoy.

Linked to Weekend Bites     Weekend Social Link Party         Foodie Friday     
Saturday Night Fever      Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge           Eat Create Party     Best of the Weekend     See Ya at the Gumbo                  Treasure Box Tuesday      Two Cup Tuesday              Fat Tuesday       Hearth and Soul Hop       Real Food Recipe Round Up 


Comments

  1. I have never made kugel before and always wanted to! I never knew it was so easy and your recipe sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! I've pinned your recipe to my GF Baking board. What a lovely dish to serve during the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVEEE this! Sweet kugel is my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore kugels. I have only eaten savory varieties, but I know this apple version must have been delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never made a kugel before. Now it looks like I have the perfect excuse to try one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. apples and cinnamon are always a favorite for me. An apple kugel is perfect idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great, Chaya. In the future, please link to my blog (www.edesiasnotebook.com) instead of my personal Facebook page. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never made a kugel and an apple one sounds amazing. Thanks so much for sharing this with us on Weekend Bites, and Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. delicious, thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop. pinning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost