P and P Patties


I have made up my mind not to waste leftovers.  We don't throw away food but sometimes it sits there until it is an unpleasant mess and then we are throwing out
garbage".  This is such  a waste, yet leftovers don't have the same appeal as the fresh from the oven fragrant dish.


I am hoping, you will see, in the future, some goodies made from leftovers.  Here is one and it was good although I erred in the ingredients necessary to bind the batter together.

I had about two cups of parsnips and potatoes left and decided, these would make yummy patties.  I did fry these which goes against my nature but I have no regrets since I ended up with some savory fritters which were delicious.


P and P Patties

2 cups Parsnips and Potatoes found here
2 tablespoons oil
1 egg
2/3 cup gluten-free brown rice flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Method:

Pour original parsnips and potatoes on a plate and cut up the larger pieces of potatoes and parsnips in order to have a mix that will make relatively flat patties.

Heat oil in a large skillet.

When oil bubbles if you add a drop of water  to it, form patties from an ice cream scoop or 1/4 measuring cup.  Drop in oil.

Cook to preferred brownness and drain on paper towels.

Cook in batches of 3 or 4 and put aside.

You might want to heat these in the oven for a few minutes before serving.

Eat and enjoy.

Linked to: Weekend Potluck         Best of the Week      Weekend Retreat    Saturday Night Fever                      Happy Holiday Link Party    Sweet and Savory Sundays    Weekend Potluck    See Ya at the Gumbo     See Ya at the Gumbo                  Treasure Box Tuesday      Two Cup Tuesday       In and Out of the Kitchen       Tuesday’s Table    Fat Tuesday       Hearth and Soul Hop      

Comments

  1. That’s a unique combo for a patty, should try it .Thanks for being part of the linkz holiday party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite food "things" is crispy on the outside, fluffy/creamy on the inside like fritters. Great way to use your leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious patties, crispy I love it, thanks for sharing with Hearth and Soul blog hop. pinning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost