Apple Fritters


Combine two of my favorittes, apples and fritters and you get these yummy bites.  I wanted them to be real chunky with big pieces of apple but it didn't work so well.  It was hard to evenly cook the pancakes with those large chunks protruding.  This is easy to fix.  Next time, I plan to dice the apple into smaller pieces but still big enough to bite into.


The eating phase of this fritter was a great success.  Biting into the large chunks with a slight crisp to them was out of this world.  The confectioners' sugar made it sweet enough for me.  Without it, I found the fritter a bit too tart.  I added cinnamon to the batter and that was a good move.

Apple Fritters (adapted from Mr. Food)


1 cups gluten-free brown rice flour

1 tablespoons sugar

1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon

3/4 cup milk

1/2 egg beater
1/3 cup oil
2 large apples, peeled, cut into chunks (I should have made mine smaller)
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar

Method:

In a large bowl, combine flour,  sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, milk, and egg.

Mix well.

In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot . 

Add  apple chunks to batter and mix so there are apples throughout the batter.

Drop an ice cream scoop of batter into hot oil. 

Cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until golden on both sides. 

Drain on a paper towel-lined platter.

Sprinkle confectioners' sugar on fritters and serve.

Comments

  1. Dear Chaya, These fritters look wonderful. I bet they were out of this world. What a nice fall treat. Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Apple fritters sound wonderful. I've never made those at home. Thanks for sharing with the Happy Holidays Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love apple fritters and haven't had them in years Thank you for sharing, Chaya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great, I've never had one before and now I do. Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great day!! Laura@Baking in Pyjamas

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost