Zucchini Pancakes


When Allrecipes came out with a new magazine, about a year ago, I was excited to see what it was going to be like and immediately subscribed.  I was not disappointed.  I have found several dishes to make in each edition.

When I look for a recipe online, I tend to end up in Allrecipes despite the plethora of sites with tons of recipes.  I am not sure if it is because they have such a great variety of recipes or that their recipes tend to be doable.  I am not sure that there is a time, I could not fine, what I was looking for.

This month, one of the themes was zucchini and each zucchini dish looked better than the one before.  I plan to make almost every one of them, particulalry the zucchini cornbread casserole and the stuffed zucchini.

There were several topics of interest and the one that was the most fun was, "A Day at the Fair", with its Deep Fried Oreos, Fried Cheese Curds, and Funnel Cakes, just as starters.  OK, you know, I don't usually fry foods and I am going to pass on these but there are many of you where this is not a problem and I bet each of these dishes are winners, in the eating department.  I know, there is irony in this since my pancakes are cooked in oil but I used a lot less than the recipe calls for and I would bake them, next time.

Zucchini Pancakes  (adapted from Allrecipes magazine)

Ingredients:

2 cups grated zucchini
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
1/2 cup GLUTEN-FREE  flour
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon fresh basil sliced
1/8 cup olive oil, or as needed

Method:

Blot grated zucchini with paper towels to remove moisture. 

Stir zucchini, eggs, and green onion in a large bowl. 

Mix flour, Parmesan cheese, baking powder, salt, and basil in a separate bowl.

Stir mixture into zucchini until batter is just moistened.

Heat  oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. 

Drop quarter cups of zucchini batter into hot oil.

Ppan fry until golden, 2 to 3 minutes per side. 

Drain pancakes on a paper towel-lined plate.

Comments

  1. All the flavors here sound super delicious! Great way to use up leftover zucchini from the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will just love your Zucchini Pancakes, we still have plenty of squash in the garden. Hope you are having a great Labor Day Weekend and thanks so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious healthy pancakes, thanks for sharing with Hearth and Soul blog hop. pinning

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost