Roasted Tomato Omelet - Donna Hay



This was brought over from My Sweet and Savory.  This was originally posted on March 6, 2012.  This makes me realize how long I have been cooking with the ladies of WWDH.  If you like Donna's recipes, please do join us for our weekly get together, right here, online.

I made this recipe, pretty much, as stated.  I eliminated the bacon but you should add it, if you are bacon eaters.  I also added 1 tablespoon tomato dip to the eggs.  I am not sure why this was such a delicious omelet.  It might be the glaze, put on the tomatoes before roasting or it might have been the extras in the eggs.  All, I know, hubby was a happy eater and I think, I liked it even more than he did.  I was sorry, I did not make more than the four eggs for two people.  I am not a big eater but this was delicious and light.

It was easy to make.  I put the tomatoes in the dressing and stuck it in the oven while, I beat the eggs and cooked the omelet.  After that, it is simply putting it together which takes a minute.  I had no cilantro so I topped it with parsley.  

Comments

  1. A comforting and delicious dish that can be enjoyed as breakfast or lunch.
    Have a lovely weekend, Chaya.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this tomato omelet!
    Look delicious Chaya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this for I Heart Cooking Clubs when we cooked with Donna Hay and enjoyed it very much. The tomato glaze was really good!
    Thank you for sharing with See Ya in the Gumbo. The party resumes this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost