Lemon and Dill Smoked Salmon Pasta _ Donna Hay



We are big fans of smoked salmon so I knew, we would like this, which we did. I made this, the day after Passover ended and I had not shopped yet so I am missing capers and of all things, lemons. That is what happens after the holiday. I made do with lemon juice but I am sure the zest would have turned this into a more flavorful dish.
This is a throw together dish and took little time to make. I don't like mint in this kind of dish so that was eliminated.  


Lemon and Dill Smoked Salmon Pasta

Ingredients:

200g spaghetti (gluten-free)

1 tablespoon lemon zest

 2 tablespoons lemon juice
 ⅓ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped dill leaves
2 slices sliced smoked salmon, torn
1 tablespoon salted capers, rinsed and chopped
2 green onions (scallions), trimmed and sliced
sea salt and cracked black pepper

Method:

Cook the pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 10–12 minutes or until al dente. Drain and return to the pan.



Combine the lemon zest and juice, oil and dill and add to the pasta with the salmon, capers, mint, onion, salt and pepper. 

Toss to combine and serve with lemon wedges. Serves 2.


Eat and enjoy.



Linked to:  Clever Chicks Blog Hop     Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sisters' Stuff   Real Food Recipe Round Up 

Comments

  1. I can't even tell you how delicious your lemon and dill smoked salmon looks. I will be trying that in the near future. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I would love this too! Even with left-over grilled salmon I'll bet it's delicious. I'll be saving this recipe to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lemony pasta dishes (made one for supper tonight)! The lemon, dill and smoked salmon sound nice and light--makes for a great summer dish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, simple flavors make for one stellar dish. Love this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost