Hash Brown Eggs



Today was a fast day and it went well for us. After I fast, I don't feel hungry until I start eating and my husband is just the opposite.  He is like a lion tracking  his prey right to the kitchen table.  We have both learned not to eat too much right away and that works beautifully.

Potatoes are a comfort food in almost any form and following a fast that is what we want.  We also enjoy eggs which makes this a double treat.  I do yearn for orange juice after fasting and for me, that is the first thing I take.

I decided to print up material for my class for the upcoming year.  In the middle, I ran out of toner.  It is little things like this that frustrate me.  It is a good lesson for me.  Today is a remembrance of very sad moments in Jewish history and I wonder how I could have been even the least frustrated with such a minor incident.

I don't think I am alone in dealing with big issues better than little ones.  I have analyzed that many times.  A big issue must be addressed  while we can have our mini tantrums over little ones.

We have had challenges in our lives and each time, I have been able to pull it together and do what had to be done. I won't say that after everything was finished, I didn't close myself down for a few weeks. I needed that down time to start dealing with what I considered silly little problems like needing toner.  These were the biggies though and as I said before, they had to be addressed and I do believe that most of us have learned to stand tall and respond when it is necessary.

When life is easy, it is those little incidents that get to me.  I can make something big for no real reason. At this point in my life, I usually stop myself and remind myself how insignificant the problem is.  When I was younger, I let it take over.  Maturity has something to say for itself.


Hash-Brown Eggs

adapted from Food Network Magazine 1,000 Easy Recipes: Super Fun Food for Every Day

Ingredients:

1 cup onion, chopped
1 cup potato, grated
Oil for frying
1 cup cheddar, grated

1/2 cup sour cream
2 eggs
salt and black pepper to taste

Method:


Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Heat oil in skillet.

Add chopped onion and grated potato and fry until crisp.


Grate grated cheddar cheese on top of mixture.

Transfer to baking pan.

Crack in 2 eggs; season with salt and pepper.

Place in oven and bake at 425° until set.

Comments

  1. Only when you are faced with serious problems, are you able to understand how silly and meaningless are the little ones. Life's too short to be unhappy and these hash brown eggs brought a smile in my face! Again, thanks for coming and linking up at The Weekend Social. All posts get pinned in our pinterest board! Please be sure to come back next week starting Thursdays at 9PM EST on culinaryflavors.gr ! I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost