Veggie Quiche (no dairy products)

Since we do not eat dairy meals following meat meals (six hour separation), I decided to make this quiche without cheese.  I love cheese and look for excuses to put it into almost any dish which is why I was surprised about the yummy results of this "pareve" quiche.  Although, it had 5 eggs, it did not taste eggy.  I only used some fresh parsley and a bit of Worcestershire sauce to season it; yet it was flavorful.  This one should be seen again at our home soon.

This is one of the many recipes I have made after searching the cupboards and refrigerator.  I found a half of a bell pepper, a container of mushrooms, some broccoli left over from another dish and onions are always at home in my house.  When I looked for seasoning, I opened the cupboard and the first item, my hand touched was the Worcestershire sauce.  The choice of parsley came down to what was left from my picking herbs in the garden.  I bring some in every few days and they stay beautifully in the refrigerator.  When I cook, I see what is in the bag and use it.  Today, I had oregano, parsley and basil.  You see what I selected.


Veggie Quiche

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 very large onion  (Costco has huge onions and I keep a bag on hand for recipes that call for lots of onion)
2 cups of chopped mushrooms, rough chopped
2 cups chopped broccoli
1/2 red pepper, chopped
5 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Heat olive oil in a large skillet.

Add onions and mushrooms and cook for about 4 minutes, stirring once or twice.  

Add red pepper and broccoli and cook for 3 additional minutes to heat through.

While the vegetables are cooking, mix in a small bowl, eggs, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and parsley.  Mix together.  If you want the mixture to be smooth use a mini food processor for the mayonnaise and eggs.  I didn't do this and although it was lumpy, it was smooth after cooking.

Spray a pie plate or casserole.  Place vegetables in the baking dish.  Cover with egg mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Comments

  1. Hi Chaya, this is a good workaround for a dairy-free quiche. Leaving out the crust too cuts the calories. I love parsley - it goes so well with eggs just as in your lovely quiche.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It reminds me of frittata...I love it's loaded with veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this diary free quiche very yumm. thanks for sharing with Hearth and Soul blog hop. pinning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost