Polenta and Vegetable Bake


Since I bought two rolls of polenta, I want to use them but I want to do something, I know we will like, with them. Since, we are vegetable aficionados, I decided vegetables of some kind, had to be involved. "Eating Well" comes through time and again with good, solid, healthy recipes so that is where I turned for an idea. With a name like, "Polenta and Vegetable Bake", I couldn't go wrong.

If you have not made polenta or bought the rolls, I suggest you give them a try. They are versatile and I have a feeling, as I am more comfortable cooking with polenta, my imagination is going to be the drive that determines the recipes.

Polenta and Vegetable Bake (adapted from Eating Well)

Ingredients:


2 tablespoon olive oil
3 cups broccoli florets
1 small zucchini, finely diced
1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil or oregano or cilantro
4 slices prepared polenta
1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese, divided

Method:

Preheat oven to 450 degree F.


Coat a round baking dish with cooking spray.


Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.


Add zucchini and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and just beginning to brown, 4 to 6 minutes.


Stir marinara sauce into the vegetables and heat through, 1 to 2 minutes.


Remove from the heat and stir in basil or oregano or cilantro.


Place vegetables in a single layer in the prepared baking dish.


Top with polenta and cover with cheese and more sauce, if necessary


Bake until bubbling and the cheese has just melted, 12 to 15 minutes.

Comments

  1. Hi Chaya , two words ... yummy delicious , thanks for sharing ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting dish and looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a roll of polenta once a couple of years ago. I didn't have a recipe or a clue what to do with it. If memory serves me correct I think I attempted to just slice and fry it. Even the garbage disposal was disappointed! Thanks for this recipe and the yummy pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes please. I have never used prepared polenta. Bought some and saved it forever and never used it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh yum! I have never really cooked with polenta but I just love the sound of everything in this dish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward to making this recipe it looks delicious! Hope you are having a great Labor Day Weekend and thanks so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Enjoy your weekend and your new Red Plate!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost