Grilled Mozzarella, Basil and Tomato Sandwich - Gluten-free


A while back, I received a grill pan the size of a large skillet in a square shape.  I am guessing 12 inches in size. The grill marks are cosmetic in this case.  The other pan I used is my cast iron one which gets pulled out at the most unusual times.  Today, it is what I pressed the sandwich down with.  It flattened it nicely.


Everyone is different when it comes to kitchen utensils.  Some take the minimalistic approach and use item for several uses.  This leaves a much neater kitchen.  Others enjoy every gadget that comes out and get some nice special effects which may not be necessary but are nice.  I am probably in the middle somewhere.  I use what I have and waste very little.


Grilled Mozzarella, Basil and Tomato Sandwich

Ingredients:

8 slices gluten-free white bread
cooking spray - olive oil
4 large basil leaves
1 cup shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
1 garden tomato, thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon provence de herbes

Method:

Brush  side of top half of bread with oil. 


Add basil, cheese, and tomatoes. Sprinkle with provence de herbes

Brush side of bottom half of bread with cooking olive oil.

Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. (this can be made in a large skillet as well but I like the grill marks. 

Coat the pan with cooking spray. Add sandwich to pan. Place a cast-iron or heavy skillet on top of sandwich, and gently press to flatten.

Cook about 2 minutes on each side or until cheese melts and bread is toasted. 

Cut in halves.

Eat and enjoy.

Next time, I would cut the basil leaf in half and put it on different places in the sandwich so all the taste is not in one area.  The basil adds a nice touch to this sandwich.

Linked to:    Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sisters' Stuff
Best of the Weekend @ Little Miss Celeb
Super Saturday @ What's Cooking with Ruthie

Monday Fun Day    See Ya In the Gumbo  Real Food Recipe Round Up 

Comments

  1. This is a lunch must-have... hands down! I found your recipe over at the Tuesday’s Table link party. I host Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday and would love it if you would come over and share this recipe. I’m sure our party goers would love it! Here is the link http://bit.ly/1pVKnUd. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love this in my office as a snack! Thanks for coming and linking up at The Weekend Social. All posts get pinned in our pinterest board! Please be sure to come back next week starting Thursdays at 9PM EST on culinaryflavors.gr ! I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I fall closer to a minimalist. I don't like clutter!
    I do like this sandwich! Simple and fresh.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost