Zucchini Cabbage Kugel


This is truly one of those dishes that resulted from what I could find in the kitchen.  I took a long look and realized that both hubby and I brought home zucchini, leaving me with 8 of them.  I had bought the cole slaw mix to make cole slaw but didn't get to doing it so I threw it into the mix. I scoured the refrigerator and found part of all three dips and I had no plans for them so in they went.  The rest  of the ingredients are usually in the house.  Putting all this together ended up with a great flavored dish despite how random, my choices were.

Zucchini Cabbage Kugel

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon olive oil
3 zucchini, shredded
1 large onion, diced
1 bag coleslaw mix
1 tablespoon fresh basil
3 eggs
1/4 cup dill dip
1/4 cup spinach dip
1/4 cup red pepper dip

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Heat oil in a medium sized skillet.

Add onions and cook for ten minutes, stirring every once in the while.

In large bowl, mix zucchini, sauteed onion, coleslaw mix and basil.

Add 3 eggs and combine.


Add the three dips and mix together.

Grease a casserole.

Add mixture.

Bake in 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.

Eat and enjoy.


Linked to: Real Food Recipe Round Up    In and Out of the Kitchen        Gluten Free & DIY Tuesdays    Fat Tuesdays

Comments

  1. That's a great use of all the dip left over! The casserole looks delicious and comforting, Chaya.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost