Peanut Butter Maple Cookies


This recipe from allrecipes.com intrigued me with the unusual combination of ingredients. Maple syrup and peanut butter are new to me but they sounded as if they would "mate" well. Actually, I think the cookie would be better without the maple syrup and I am a big fan of maple flavor. Whatever the reason, it did not appeal to me.  It might very well be perfect for you though.

Ingredients:

1 cup margarine, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter, smooth
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 egg beaters
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups gluten-free flour
3/4 cup GF oats
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

Method:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars.

Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. 

Beat in syrup and vanilla.
Combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well.

Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. 

Bake at 325 degrees F for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. 

Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks.

Comments

  1. We are crazy for anything with peanut butter. These cookies look divine, Chaya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chaya, I would definitely enjoy these wonderful looking little cookies. I love real maple syrup and use it to flavor lots of things. And you can't go wrong with peanut butter in a cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little pb cookies are so cute. Perfect size for an afternoon snack. Thanks for sharing at #theWeekendSocial. Come on by again Thursday 9:00 PM EST. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry they didn't work out for you. The PB maple combination is unusual but sounds really good for Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's interesting you thought the cookies would be better without the maple syrup - I have never tried peanut butter and maple syrup together before. The idea does appeal to me though and I think your cookies look lovely. Thank you for sharing with us at the Hearth and Soul hop. Pinned and will tweet!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost