Spinach Potato Salad


I don't usually make potato salad.  I don't really like it very much.   I do eat it when served and it is fine but I don't elaborate on its wonderful qualities.  For the past few weeks, hubby has been asking for potato salad for the Sabbath and I have been making it.

I admit to giving the dish very little thought and simply looking in my refrigerator to find something to add to the boiled and chopped potatoes.  I haven't even tasted it until today.  I liked what I tasted today and decided to share it with you.

This is an easy potato salad to make but it seems to have nice flavors to it.


Spinach Potato Salad

Ingredients:

4 medium large potatoes, rough chopped
2 eggs, grated
2 - 3 cups spinach, rough chopped
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon fresh chives,chopped
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
2 teaspoons sweet relish

Method:

Mix mayonnaise, mustard, relish and chives together in a small bowl.

Place potatoes in a medium bowl.  Add the spinach.

Add the mayonnaise mixture to the potatoes and mix together.

Grate one egg over potato salad and mix in.  Grate second egg over potato salad and leave there.

Eat and enjoy.  We like this warm.


Linked to   Clever Chicks Blog Hop      Foodie Friday     Weekend Social    See Ya at the Gumbo     Treasure Box Tuesday     Two Cup Tuesday          Tuesday’s Table    Create Link Inspire   The Southern Special   Time to Sparkle      Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday      Whimsy Wednesday   Creative Munster     Savoring Saturdays      Strut Your Stuff Saturday      Saturday Night Fever   Super Saturday

Comments

  1. Dear Chaya, This is a nice potato salad with the added spinach. It makes it that much healthier. Blessings, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing at #TheWeekendSocial ! I adored your blog post and can not wait to try it out!!!
    -Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your addition of spinach--adds a fresh crispness!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost