Ultimate Veggie Burgers


These are the Ultimate Veggie Burgers.    Although there are no nuts present, there is a nuttiness to the taste of this "burger".
Ultimate Veggie Burgers (adapted from Susie Fishbein)
Ingredients:
3/4 cup carrot, shredded (I used food processor to shred)
3/4 cup sweet potato, shredded (1/2 sweet potato shredded in food processor)
1/4 cup water
1` 1/2 cup cooked brown rice (I used the mix in the photo)


8 crimini mushrooms, stems – trimmed (I was out of mushrooms so I skipped them.)
1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/4 cup soy flour (or any flour – I had soy closest to me.)
1 heaping vegetable comsume powder (Don’t have and didn’t sub)
zest of one lemon
2 very leafy basil stems from my garden (No, you do not have to get it from my garden.  I am just so proud.)
3 sprigs oregano (ditto)
1/2 cup white beans, rinsed and drained
2 eggs
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil (I used safflower-wanted to use up the bottle)


Serve on pitas or buns with tomato slices, cucumber slices and thin slices of red onion.

Method:

Place carrot and sweet potato in a small bowl.  

Add water and cover loosely for about four minutes.

Place rice, mushrooms, sunflower seeds, soy flour, lemon zest in to food processor bowl with metal blade.

Remove leaves from basil and oregano stems and add to the food processor bowl.                                                                                                                                                                                            
Pulse until everything is uniform but you can still see grains of rice.

In a medium bowl, mix together mushroom mix, carrots, sweet potato, white beans, eggs, salt and pepper.

Using my ice cream scoop, I made my patties, flattening them down in the pan and squaring off the edges, pushing sides up to give depth to patties.

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Use one and one half tablespoons of olive oil for each batch, you are going to fry.
Put patties in hot oil and sear for 3 – 4 minutes, per side.

Linked to Foodie Friday        Foodie Friends Friday               Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge    




Eat and enjoy.

Comments

  1. These veggie burgers are just what I need to bring to a holiday BBQ! Thanks for sharing. I love my herbs that are growing on my deck too.. so much fun and flavor

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost