Roasted Almond and Honey Yogurt



This is catch-up week at our group, WwDH.  Each of us has selected a recipe, we missed making along the way.  When I originally saw this recipe, it was immediately on my radar but for some reason, I was not able to join in, that week.  This is my second chance and I happily made this refreshing breakfast, lunch, brunch, snack or  dessert.

This was originally with pistachios which I did not have in the house.  Almonds and honey go so well together that I easily adapted the recipe to the almonds.


Roasted Almond and Honey Yogurt     -   Adapted From New Food Fast by Donna Hay


They say that today is the hottest day, this year, and what is more appropriate for such a day, but a nice cool mixture, sweet and nutty, creamy and smooth.

It can't be easier to make.  I roasted nuts in the microwave and that is a quick job.  

Place honey in the bottom of a glass.  Cover with slivered almonds.  Top with creamy yogurt - my suggestion is vanilla.

Dig spoon through the layers to the bottom and drag it through the layers to get a bit of each with each bite.

Eat and enjoy and drop in at Wednesday with Donna Hay site and see what the other ladies made.

  Whimsy Wednesday             Waste Not Want Not Wednesday             Creative Munster                         What's Cooking Wednesday      Full Plate Thursday        Showcase Your Talent Thursday               This is How We Roll        


Comments

  1. Chaya,
    Your yogurt parfait looks so beautiful! I agree, it would be perfect on a hot day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so good. I need to make this for breakfast tomorrow. I was on a kick at one point and made it for months on end one day a week and now I have sort of forgotten it so yours lovely photo reminded me that I should visit this one again now. And almonds would be delicious in this! I've done it with walnuts as well and those were delicious with honey...the Greeks are good mixing those two flavors! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderful!! I like that fact that it's in a fancy glass :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special treat, yum! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you again soon.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I miss making this one? I love the idea of the almonds rather than the pistachios. good job on this one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost