Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Cold Strawberry Soup


It is  traditional to have chicken soup on Friday night for Shabbos.  Sometimes, we change and have a vegetable soup or beef soup.  This week, I took a sharp turn and had cold strawberry soup.  My guests thought it was a smoothie in a bowl.  It tasted like a smoothie also.  That made it one delicious soup.

In the summer heat, this is a wonderful option and I hopefully will make fruit soups more often.



Cold Strawberry Soup

Ingredients:

2 pints of strawberries
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon vanilla

Method:

Using a blender or food processor, blend all the ingredients until smooth.

That is it.  Pour into bowls and enjoy.

Tuesday's table        Waste Not Want Not Wednesday           This is How We Roll  

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting idea. But since your soup is dairy , I'm curious what you ate for the rest of the Shabbos meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I love chilled fruit soup! Thanks for sharing this on Waste Not Want Not Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.