Cold Strawberry Soup


It is  traditional to have chicken soup on Friday night for Shabbos.  Sometimes, we change and have a vegetable soup or beef soup.  This week, I took a sharp turn and had cold strawberry soup.  My guests thought it was a smoothie in a bowl.  It tasted like a smoothie also.  That made it one delicious soup.

In the summer heat, this is a wonderful option and I hopefully will make fruit soups more often.



Cold Strawberry Soup

Ingredients:

2 pints of strawberries
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon vanilla

Method:

Using a blender or food processor, blend all the ingredients until smooth.

That is it.  Pour into bowls and enjoy.

Tuesday's table        Waste Not Want Not Wednesday           This is How We Roll  

Comments

  1. Very interesting idea. But since your soup is dairy , I'm curious what you ate for the rest of the Shabbos meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I love chilled fruit soup! Thanks for sharing this on Waste Not Want Not Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost