Spinach and Ricotta Pies - Donna Hay



This week was my turn to pick the recipe, we are cooking, in Wednesdays with Donna Hay (WwDH).  I knew, I was going to love these from the very first.  I did not disappoint myself.  These were yummy.  Of course, loving spinach and ricotta to start with, helps my admiration for this dish.

The recipe was easier than I had thought.  There was no need to roll the dough.  The recipe called for it as it came.  I unfolded it and cut it in half.  I am thinking that it could have been cut into thirds and made a better looking "pie".  It did not call for many ingredients and I had them all on hand, except for the puff pastry.

It is a matter of mixing all the ingredients together, plopping this down on the dough and folding it.  Even I, who panics when I deal with pastry dough, relaxed through this.

I made half the recipe which gives one two generous pastries.  It was easy to gobble one down.  I can hope, I was more refined than gobbling but it felt that way.

Do visit our site and see what the others have done with this recipe.

  Whimsy Wednesday             Waste Not Want Not Wednesday             Creative Munster         Full Plate Thursday

Comments

  1. These were good Chaya and very easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe choice, Chaya! I had dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes with this recipe and making a salad to go with it...it was so simple and easy...not to mention delicious. A keeper for sure. :-) Yours look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Normally we would make our own pastry however one of or local supermarkets has just started getting in ready-made puffy pastry and I have a stack of it in the freezer, I think this Ricotta & Spinach pasty looks very inviting! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this combination of Spinach and Ricotta for the little pies, they look so good. Hope you are having a fantastic day and we are so excited that you shared your post with Full Plate Thursday.
    Thanks so much and Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured in the TOP TEN for Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you have a great weekend and enjoy your new Red Plate.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost