Spinach, Herb, and Goat Cheese Frittata - Ellie



I adore Peggy for selecting this Spinach, Herb, and Goat Cheese Frittata  found on page 228 of Weeknight Wonders.  For me, this was a week day lunch and it could have been a treat for breakfast as well.  Since, I was making this just for one person and that person is me, I didn't completely follow the recipe and I used only two eggs and no egg whites. I  ran out of fresh spinach and subbed in frozen spinach.  I had just cut a red onion for something else so I used that in place of leeks or yellow onions.

I think the secret ingredient was the goat cheese because its tangy taste lit up the whole frittata.  It was delicious and I would make this again and would be happy to try sliced bell peppers instead of spinach or maybe I would use both.  

I love this recipe and recommend it to you egg lovers.Check out the other cooks and see how their frittatas turned out at Eating with Ellie.
Linked to Full Plate Thursday     This is How We Roll      Foodie Friday        Foodie Friends Friday               Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge       Treasure Box Tuesday    Hearth and Soul Hop     Tuesday’s Table            Fat Tuesday          Weekend Potluck        What'd You Do  This Weekend         

Comments

  1. It looks great! I just pulled mine out of the oven and we will have it for dinner tonight. Starting to blog about it now I had to make some substitutions as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chaya,
    Goat cheese just seems to make everything special. Your Frittata looks delicious for breakfast, lunch, or even a light dinner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, we really liked this as well. That goat cheese and spinach combination is wonderful. Subs work in this recipe as well, I can see it and it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks perfectly delish. I made it for one as well as B is not a goat cheese fan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chaya,
    Your Spinach Herb and Goat Cheese Frittata looks fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing this awesome recipe with us at Full Plate Thursday!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop, pinning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost