Penne with Spinach and Ricotta



Penne with Spinach and Ricotta

Usually ricotta does not last long in my house.  There are so many delicious recipes one can use it for.  For some reason, I noted this particular container just sitting there for much too long and was even afraid the date was not going to be good.  Fortunately, the date was fine, the cheese was fresh and the dish, I made with it was delicious.

The recipe comes from Hazan's book, Thirty Minute Pasta..  Often, he adds vegetables to his pasta recipes which makes this lady very happy.  Of course, you can make the dish without the veggies if your family or you are not big on vegetables.

My youngest granddaughter begs for two foods, chocolate and peas and I think her first choice is peas.  It is how it is presented.  She also likes anchovies, something I have not given her but her Dad has.  One day, when I was chopping onions, she wanted to taste a piece.  She loved it although, she had trouble chewing it.  (Since typing this, her favorites have changed to bananas and strawberries.)

I worked out a good situation with her.  I tell her, she only has to try it and if she doesn't like it, I will take it away.  I follow through and as a result, she has tried many new foods that she likes.  She tasted this penne dish and gave approval with a hearty mmmmmm but then she spotted strawberries and that was the end of the pasta.

I bet you want to see what the other ladies made so check out Kayte, Margaret, Peggy, Glennis

Comments

  1. Yum...another one to put on my list to make! This is fun seeing the different pastas each of us make!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost