Pasta E Bisi - Thirty Minute Pasta


Another week of cooking from,Thirty Minute Pasta, by Giuliano Hazan means another way of cooking pasta.  Noodle soup is hardly new to us but sharing the limelight with the peas is new to me.  Also, I was thinking of pasta in a more traditional way (meatballs and spaghetti, lasagna, mac and cheese) and I am happy to  be making soups and salads as well as casseroles.

It turned out to be a comforting dish which is based on Rice and Peas and adapted into this delicious Noodles and Pea Soup.  Hazan made this into a real shortcut soup by using a bouillion cube added to water to make the soup.  If you have a good vegetable broth or frozen chicken soup or beef broth, I recommend using it to make an even better tasting soup.  

I was not disappointed with the bouillion and I guess I chose one that had good flavor but that was simply luck.

Hazan suggested cutting the noodles into smaller pieces but I saw no real purpose in doing that.  I prefer the full noodle.  The other ingredients were parsley, black pepper, butter to cook the onions in and that is it.  As you can imagine, this went quickly and tasted just fine.


To see what the other ladies made  check out KayteMargaretPeggyGlennis



Linked to:  Showcase Your Talent Thursday          Full Plate Thursday      This is How We Roll         Foodie Friday        Foodie Friends Friday               Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge    

Comments

  1. This looks simple and delicious! Perfect for a weeknight dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks good, Chaya. I haven't made this one yet so I appreciate your comments on what you would change, etc. It looks delicious to me, a perfect lunch. I better get to this one soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost