Turkey and Faux Ricotta Wedges













I have no idea what people know about kosher eating.  To explain this recipe, I will share one fact with you.  Eating kosher means not mixing meat and dairy.  We don't serve both at the same meal and certainly, we do not cook with both.


When Tofutti came out with a new product, a non dairy ricotta, I thought I would make something with meat and the tofutti.  I, already use the sour cream and cream cheese.  I made this dish with browned turkey and some good vegetables and the tofutti ricotta.  When, it came time to eat it, I found it very hard to do.  It just looked too real.


Others that ate it said it was good so I will share that.  I still have some in the refrigerator and will most likely, taste it, later.

Turkey and Faux Ricotta Wedges (I found this online iFood TV. It is from the Better Homes and Garden New Dieters Cook Book.

Ingredients:
3/4 pound ground turkey or turkey sausage
1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 beaten eggs
1 15 ounce container Tofutti  ricotta (non dairy) cheese
1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
2 medium tomatoes, sliced


Method:

In a large skillet cook turkey, mushrooms, onion, green pepper, oregano, and garlic till turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Drain off liquid.

Spoon mixture into a 9 inch pie plate.

In a medium mixing bowl stir together eggs, Tofutti ricotta cheese, parsley, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.  Spread over turkey mixture.

Bake, uncovered, in a 350° oven for 25 to 30 minutes or till top is set.
Arrange tomatoes on top of casserole. Bake 5 minutes more or till cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving
.                                                                          



Comments

  1. I feel like looking real would be a good thing! I hope you muster the courage to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chaya,
    thanks for stopping by. I missed having you around. I noticed in your blog list that you have my old website linky that's why you don't get my new posts feeds. I am now at www.skiptomalou.net. I hope you could update your link so we could be together like old times haha.

    I apologize too for not stopping by for sometime. But I have to applaud you for the new look... new name and the pictures are stunning. Oh my you changed a lot around here and I"m loving the vibe. Did you get a new camera too? I will be happy to be stopping around here again. see you!
    malou

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks tasty and filling. Great idea for a late lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a tasty and filling lunch. Great for when I'm feeling too lazy to cook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice combination of ingredients, and the whole dish looks very quick and easy. For myself I would use regular ricotta (I usually make my own), but I can see that the Tofutti is perfect for a kosher diet.

    Thanks for sharing at Cookbook Sundays.

    Sue xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Christian Louboutin Wedge is so classical that many women are crazy for it.Christian louboutin wedges with its own language, heels itself is a kind of culture. Louboutin wedges as a woman's external wearing choice embodies her connotation, her taste, her pursuit of her life, understanding. http://www.clouboutinsneakers.com
    Christian Louboutin Barcelona Gladiator Platforms Wedges Brown
    Christian Louboutin Almeria 120 Wedge Sandals Black
    Christian Louboutin Almeria 120 Wedge Sandals Blue

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost