Nigella's Mac and Cheese





When, speaking with my husband, he mentioned that he would like to have a simple macaroni and cheese, for dinner.  I had been thinking soup since, we had not had any, this week.  


I picked up Nigella Express to see if there was an easy recipe.  While soup has peeling and chopping, it is easy to make.  This mac and cheese had to be also simple to create.  When I looked at this recipe, I was surprised at how few ingredients it took as well as the small number of steps.  Mac and Cheese, here I come.


This is very, very good mac and cheese.  I was not expecting it, looking at the recipe.  I thought it would be boring but it was not .  I did add 2 tablespoons of cream cheese to the recipe and I give some of the credit to that.  I also used a Mexican blend for the main cheeses.


Simple Mac and Cheese (adapted from Nigella Lawson - Nigella's Express)(adapted)

Comments

  1. I am not big on mac and cheese, but the rest of my family love it. This one looks interesting, I was surprised to see the cream cheese it the recipe. I bet the cream cheese makes it nice and creamy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this looks nice and gooey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like my kind of mac and cheese - so creamy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Nigella's recipes and your version of her Mac and Cheese looks wonderful. I'm going to look it up in my copy of her Express book! Thank you for sharing this post with the Gallery of Favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow is this creamy! Looks great! I am also surprised to see that there isn't a cheese sauce, making this recipe move along pretty quickly. Thanks for sharing with See Ya In the Gumbo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the link. I am trying to come up with a healthy and tasty mac and cheese for my son.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I am a huge fan of homemade Mac and cheese. Thanks or linking up to things that make you say mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man this is one of my FAVOURITES by Nigella. So wonderful not having to muck about with cheese sauce!

    Thanks for taking part in Forever Nigella!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost