Butterscotch Blondie Muffins - Muffin Mondays

Here we are on Monday, my muffin day and also a linky for muffins at Talking Dollars and Cents. Net.  I love making muffins because they are so easy, yet they are versatile and delicious.  Muffins are better than cupcakes, in my opinion, because they are usually less sweet.


For this week I made a Cooking Light recipe which was actually for Toffee Blondies.  When, I started to set up the recipe, I was also making blondies.  That is until, I tried to put the batter into the square pan.  It was too thick and and too sticky and didn't fill the bottom of the pan.  Waste not, want not, I put the batter into 6 muffin cups and I got blondie muffins.  Muffin shapes with the texture and look of blondies.



Butterscotch Blondie Muffins  (Adapted)

Ingredients:

1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted 
1/4 cup egg substitute 
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour (I made mine gluten-free)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt 
Cooking spray 
1/4 cup butterscotch baking bits 

Method:

Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. 
Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. 
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. 
Add flour mixture to sugar mixture; stir just until moist. 
Add butterscotch bits.

"Glop" batter into 6 muffin cups, coated with cooking spray or lined with paper liners.  
Bake at 350° for 27 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.

These tasted like blondies and the unsuspecting husband did not realize what he was eating other than a good muffin.

Permanent Posies



Sweet Indulgences Sunday     Crazy Sweet Tuesdays



Mixitup

Comments

  1. Brilliant repurposing of a sticky batter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I bet those are awesome. I love butterscotch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received a mini muffin tin for Christmas that is screaming at me to make these muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought about using butterscotch, what a great idea! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday! I hope to see you again next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look...well...like I want to dive in! Thanks for linking w/ See Ya In the Gumbo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I love blondies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Chaya we must be on the same wavelength because I just made butterscotch cookies! These are scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha so basically you're serving up blondies for breakfast...I like the way you think!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These muffins look SO good - adorable blog, I shall be back soon. Lucie x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost