Baked Cardamon Squash Slices QED Delicious!



Fridays, usually mean, I am raring to go and cook up a storm.  This morning, I overslept and didn't feel any desire to hit the kitchen.  The reality is, I have no choice,  since it is right before the Sabbath and I have to cook, all that we eat Friday evening and Saturday.  Since, we are concerned about no gluten, in the dishes, it is not as easy, as going to the store and bringing dinner home.  


I had used half of a butternut squash for another dish and I was in a hurry.  I came up with, what I consider, a good solution.  It too me a few minutes to prepare and pop into the oven.  It is good food although with the sugar, I can't say it is healthy.


Here's the recipe and judge for yourself.

Baked Cardamom Squash Slices  (This is delicious )


Ingredients:


1/2 of a butternut squash
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 cup sugar (optional)
1/2 teaspoon cardamom
spray olive oil


Method:


Preheat oven 375 degrees.
Microwave squash for 4 minutes on high.
Peel squash, removing the seeds.
Slice and cut slices in halves.
Place slices on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture plus cardamom  on top of pieces of squash.
Spray oil on pieces and bake for 30 minutes.


Real Food Wednesdays







Comments

  1. I am definitely picking up squash from the supermarket this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! I love butternut squash, and I've always wondered what to do with cardamom! Thanks, we're going to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost