Bake with Bizzy - Pecan Muffins


I know it is not Muffin Mondays but I baked muffins and I want to share some thoughts.  Muffins leave the door open to a wide range of choices.  One of my favorite muffins has a spoonful of jelly inside of it.  I don't make chocolate chip muffins but it is a good idea.  I like fruit inside a muffin from fresh blueberries to dried pears.  My husband's favorite is a muffin with pecans.


Of course, you can use vanilla extract but what about rum, strawberry or coconut.  Mix up the flavors and the filling and create your own brand of muffin.


I made a basic muffin recipe which is found in almost every cookbook and Internet site.  The differences are small.  I use oil in my muffins.  Some of the recipes used butter.  Others use applesauce.  


Since, I added 1/2 cup of pecans, I will label these Pecan muffins.  They were, of course, for the nut lover, in the family.




Pecan Muffins

Ingredients:

1/4 cup oil (Canola)
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups flour 
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup chopped pecans


Method:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray cooking oil on muffins cups or use paper liners.

In a large bowl combine the oil, egg, milk, almond extract, sugar and salt. Mix it very well with a fork or wire whisk.

Add the baking powder and flour and nuts. Mix again until the dough is moistened. Do not over mix.

Spoon the batter into a dozen well oiled or lined muffin cups. Bake at 400° for about 15 - 20 minutes.

Remove from the oven and cool for five minutes. Then remove from pan and enjoy.
















Fun Time - let's look at a few contributions from last week.  Thank you all for sharing with us.
Butternut Squash Pizza from the Law Student's Cookbook.
Black Bottomed Pumpkin Cheesecakes by Sweet as sugar Cookies
Join us, this week, and share with all your foodie friends who are gracious enough to visit us.   Linked to Frugal Follies   Cookbook Sundays    Cast Party Wednesdays    Friday Food    Sweets for Saturday,

Comments

  1. I love pecans in anything, your muffins look awesome! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have shared Fruit Cookies. Your Pecan Muffins look yummy! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love pecans in/on anything. Good idea to try different extracts.
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankfully, muffins are delicious anyday! Pecans are my favorite nut. Love these and will be linking up tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for featuring mine!
    Those muffins look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your muffins look great and it's because of all those pecans! Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like muffins more than cupcakes (too sweet for me). Those with pecans look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of these desserts look delightful and a perfect companion to a good cup of coffee. Blessings, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a nut lover too - especially pecans! Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe and for hosting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost