Bake with Bizzy - More Than Apple Kugel



Apple Kugels make me happy.  I fill mine with more apples than is ever called for.  I, also like mine chunky, so I cut the pieces larger than most recipes ask for.  The basic recipe works.  Actually, with all the apples, almost any recipe would work.


The recipe, I ended up making has additional carrot and cranberries.  The extra crunch of cranberries could only enrich this recipe.  I didn't expect much from the carrot but it adds a bit of color, inside of the kugel.


The recipe comes from Gatherings - the Ganz Family Edition.

More Than Apple Kugel (adapted)

Ingredients:
4 -5 apples, peeled, cored and cubed or sliced
1 carrot, peeled and shredded
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 cup gluten-free flour mixture or   all  purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 eggs, beaten or 1/2 cup egg beaters
cinnamon to taste


Method:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray cooking oil in 8 inch square pan.


In a medium bowl, combine apples, carrots and cranberries.  Set aside.


In another bowl, mic together flour, cinnamon, sugar, baking powder, oil, lemon juice, vanilla extract and eggs and mix well.


Add fruit to batter.  Mix well.


Place in prepared pan.  If you would like, sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top.


Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees until golden on top.


Serve warm or hot.


What do we have from, last week?  Pizza Pinwheels from Edible Entertainment.

Cheesecake Filled Carrot Cake by That skinny chick can bake.  Lizzy makes spectacular food.  This is only an example.

Mini Mac and Cheese Cakes from Food Corner.  How precious.
Your turn.  I thank you, in advance, for the joy you will be sharing.
Link Party #15          Lady Behind the Curtain

Comments

  1. Thanks so much for featuring my stuffed carrot cake!!! I've linked up another sweet for you this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, sorry. I have mentioned your link with the logo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...I've never actually eaten apple kugel. Which now seems like the biggest mistake of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! I hope yours is off to a great start! This Apple Kugel looks delightful! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have shared Triple A Muffins and Orange Cookies. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THanks for hosting! I posted an applesauce recipe full of great probiotics.

    http://naturallivingsocal.blogspot.com/2012/01/fermenting-part-4-fermented-applesauce.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting!
    I've never had apple hugel...or any kugel for that matter. Chunky and extra apples sounds good to me!
    This week I brought my son's fav muffins--vanilla muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! Your kugel looks delicious! Love the idea of adding the cranberries and carrots, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a good idea adding carrots for color! :-) I'm sure they would go beautifully with the spices you use for apples. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a whole bag of apples just waiting to be baked. I'll be trying this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love Apple Kugel. I am not big on pies, but I can eat Apple Kugel every day. I never though of putting in carrots and cranberries....what a delicious twist.

    Thank you for hosting....have a fantastic weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love baked foods with apples and your apple kugel looks fantastic. I like that it has cranberries in it too - delicious! Thank you for sharing it, and for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linked up with Peppermint Choc Chip Cookies and Pumpkin Cheesecakes. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. delicious looking combination
    linked Oatmeal biscotti to the event

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never had Apple Kugel but based on what I'm seeing here, they will change. This looks absolutely delicious! I've linked up a cracker recipe to your hop. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never tasted or made Apple Kugel, but I'm intrigued by the inclusion of the carrot and cranberries. It sounds very delicious.

    Thanks for sharing at Cookbook Sundays.

    Sue xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost