Muffin Mondays - Scrambled Egg Muffins

I love my new Muffin Mondays.  Should I admit to you, I have made three different muffins, in preparation for today?
I must share the non-traditional one which we ate for breakfast.  When I saw this recipe, I was sure, it had flour in it plus a little baking powder but it doesn't.  It is egg with the fillings.  Instead of a meat, I used smoked salmon.  I love this and I hope, I make it many more times.  The recipe lends itself to different fillings and seasonings.  It was fun making.


I cut part of the recipe in half since this was for two of us.  I left most of the ingredients at the same amount as the full recipe for flavor.  It worked well.  Below is my recipe.  Check Taste of Home for the full recipe.


Scrambled Egg Muffins  adapted from Taste of Home  






Ingredients

1/4 pound smoked salmon (lox), chopped into small pieces
6 eggs
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions

In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add the onion, green pepper, lox, garlic
powder and pepper. Stir in cheese.

Spoon by 1/3 cupfuls into muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake
at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
center comes out clean. Yield: 1 dozen.






Photobucket    $5 Dinners              Real Food Wednesdays          Melt in Your Mouth Mondays
Cast Party Wednesdays       Gluten Free Wednesdays


Mixitup









Comments

  1. Yum! These look delicious for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! What a great breakfast muffin. Will have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. delicious looking meal looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would be a great breakfast on the go too! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost