ffwD: Broth-braised potatoes







I refuse to say that I am going to keep up with French Fridays with Dorie but I am going to make an attempt to.  I have finally got my extras lined up and cut back, on many of them.  I plan to commit myself to CEiMB, French Fridays, as weekly and Improv, Secret Recipe Club and Crazy Cooking Challenges as monthly.  That should keep me busy but not overwhelmed.  I am also skipping challenges that won't be eaten by my family.  There is no point in making asparagus when no one here, eats it, no matter if the vegetable is part of the week or month's challenge.  I know, you are going to remind me of Muffin Monday.  It is Friday and I have next Monday's muffin, baked.  I plan to post CEiMB on MY Sweet and Savory.  As you will now see, French Fridays with Dorie is right here.


This group does not share the recipe.  We would like you to buy the book.  Dorie has been good to us and this is such a small way to say, "thanks."  There are also the copyright laws.  If, it is in your budget, I recommend Around My French Table by Dorie Greenspan.  I was surprised at the number of recipes, I wanted to make.  Before, I purchased this, I questioned if I would really use it.  I have never done much French cooking or baking.  After the book arrived, I saw that this is the same down to earth Dorie, sharing fabulous recipes.  


Today's recipe, Broth Braised Potatoes is simple to make and does not call for exotic ingredients.  I had broth in the house.  The most "Intensive" work was peeling the potatoes which were cut into 3 inch pieces, although mine are smaller.  Add a few spices and cook in the soup.  That it it, in a nutshell and while it is easy to make, it is easier to eat.  Yep, it is yummy.


Join the cooks at French Fridays with Dorie and explore some good cooking.



Comments

  1. My husband adores French cooking. He'd probably like this cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about cooking things your family won't eat. Why bother? Glad you're planning to join us. I looked around; you have lots of blogs to keep up with! It is fun, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These potatoes look delicious Bizzy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm amazed at the number of cooking groups you take part in even after trimming down! That's plenty of challenges to keep you busy in the kitchen. Though I have to agree that there's little point in making something nobody at home is willing to eat just for the sake of completing a challenge.

    I hope to see you regularly at FFWD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You will definitely be busy! I'm glad you are making time for FFwD. Recipes like these simple potatoes are what make the book so great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked these, too. I agree - no sense wasting time or money on things that your family won't eat. But, I have to say, I have been truly surprised by some of the things we've tried through FFWD.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You definitely have a busy schedule! Glad you were able to fit this in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Busy but not overwhelmed sounds like a good place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am humbled by your commitment! "keep me busy but not overwhelmed" - very impressive, and I'm quite jealous!! I can never seem to get ahead, if keep up. Your potatoes look terrific, so glad you enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you could fit this one on. You are busy, Bizzy! I have to say that I didn't bother to peel the potatoes. Tasted just fine, and was that much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with only making the dishes the family will eat (or in my case, ones my knitting group will snack on as well). Glad you'll be joining us most Fridays...it's such a great group of bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You do sound busy. I have been learning to adjust things to what people in the house will eat - it also makes it a little bit more of an adventure.
    Glad you joined in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Agree with you on making things that just end up in compost or the trash. Waste of good ingredients. You are really committed - I was worried about being able to manage FFWD and TWD!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost