Green Chicken Stir-Fry

A stir-fry is wonderful, making a meal in a pan and cooking it, in a liquid.  I am presently cooking another one with leftover chicken from the Sabbath and carrots and bell peppers, sweet and sour style.


Green Chicken Stir-Fry

Ingredients:
Marinade and Chicken:
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
  • 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken , sliced into 1/2-inch thick strips ( I used a pound for two of us.)
Stir-Fry:
  • 1 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 2 medium onions , diced
  • 1 cup frozen broccoli
  • 1/2 cup frozen peas
  • Soy sauce , if needed
  • 1 Tbsp. chopped scallions
Method:
In a Pyrex dish or bowl, combine the soy sauce and seasoning.  Grate ginger into the bowl.
Place the chicken into the dish, cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight to marinate.
Heat the oil in a wok or large sauté pan over high heat. Add the chicken, marinade and onion, and sauté quickly until chicken is cooked through.  (1 tablespoon of oil worked for me)

Add in broccoli and turn heat to medium-high. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Toss in  peas and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Toss in the scallions and serve.  I apologize for the photo but it is the only one, I have.  This is an old recipe that I had not posted here.



Comments

  1. We had sweet and sour chicken last week! I have to admit I've never thought of putting peas in my stir fry before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious! I love stir-fry dishes, especially good when eaten while still hot! Your Green Chicken Stir Fry would be perfect with some steamed white fluffy rice! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stir fries...and your recipe looks simple and delicious! Thanks for sharing~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm making this tomorrow! I just bought peas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm making this tomorrow! I just bought green peas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost