Round Turkey Loaves


Friday night is traditionally chicken night but occasionally, we switch to something else, particularly a meal that my husband likes.  Since, we have cut back on meat and poultry, he does not get some of the dishes, he used to love.  One of these is meatloaf, whether it be meat, chicken or turkey.  Hubby loves any kind of meatloaf.


Over the  years, I  have varied what goes into them, layered them, hid other food in them.  Meatloaf was fun to make because of the variety.  I am not a big fan of meatloaf though.  I will eat it and consider it to be fine but I don't walk away praising it.


Last Friday was one of these change of pace days.  I made  turkey loaves in round shapes.  I have aluminum foil pans that are perfect for this.  I love the individual servings.  My recipe was based on the following recipe but altered quite a bit.


Round Turkey Loaves

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon oil
1 cup onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound ground turkey
1 carrot, shredded
1 onion, shredded
1 zucchini, shredded
1/4 cup flax seed meal
1/2 cup instant mashed potatoes (dry state)
1/4 cup egg substitute
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon black pepper Method:


Cook onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place mixture in a large bowl to cool for 5 minutes. Add shredded vegetables.

Combine turkey, bread crumbs, egg, 1/4 cup of the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and pepper with onion mixture.

Press meatloaf into 4 round, 2 inch forms. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.

Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.                                





Linked to the Gallery of Favorites       Hearth and Soul

Comments

  1. That is an interesting meal!!!! I never had before a meatloaf......but it looks delicious! Here in Italy...in most of the houses friday is fish day....
    Happy new year!!!! ciao

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good! I have never tried making meatloaf before, always wanted to!
    Happy New Year and wish you a wonderful 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! Thank you for sharing your recipe with the Hearth and Soul Hop.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost