Garlicky Bok Choy on Tomato


Before, you tell me how clever, I am and pat me on the back........ Before you throw out all those praises for my creation....... Before there are accolades for this special dish and before you run to emulate me, I must share that this was all unintentional and just seemed to happen. Happenstance!   Easy also......

Tomato season can be overwhelming and it seems that a new past time is cooking tomatoes for sauces, soups and sides.


When you have bok choy, in the house, it gets paired with tomatoes as does almost everything.  Bok Choy hails from China and you will find it in stir fries, soups and main dishes. It is a healthy vegetable with lots of Vitamins and few calories. It is from the cabbage family but it doesn't have the strong taste of the green cabbage, we use. The stalk is very much like celery but I like it better than celery.

Tonight, after some checking, I decided to cook it in soup with garlic. This is one of the easy recipes that is rewarding. Basically, you cook the garlic in olive oil for a minute, add soup and bok choy. Cook for another 6 - 8 minutes until soups disappears. Plop it on a tomato slice or half a tomato and serve. You could heat the tomato for a minute if you would like.

Garlicky Bok Choy on Tomato

Ingredients:

1 baby bok choy
1 tablespoons minced garlic
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 to 1/2 cup organic vegetable broth
1 tomato slice
pepper to taste

Method:

In a small skillet, melt margarine.

While it is cooking, dice bok choy and slice tomato.

Add garlic to margarine and cook for 1 minute. Add bok choy and cook for another 6-8 minutes until soup is absorbed.

Put tomato slice on a plate. Cover with bok choy mixture. Add  pepper, if you choose.

I wonder if this could be used as an appetizer. Maybe with a little feta or some sliced mushrooms.......

Eat and enjoy.


Linked to:  Treasure Box Tuesday     Two Cup Tuesday    In and Out of the Kitchen     Tuesday’s Table Fat Tuesday     Hearth and Soul Hop     Gluten Free & DIY     Tuesdays Simple Supper     Tuesday See Ya at the Gumbo      Fresh Foods Wednesdays     What's Cooking Wednesday     Wonderfully Creative Wednesdays     Allergy Free Wednesday     Waste Not Want Not Wednesday     Whimsy Wednesday    Creative Munster    Showcase Your Talent Thursday      Lovely Link Party       Full Plate      Thursday Life of the Party    Thursday Favorite Things      Home Sweet Home      Thank Goodness It’s Thursday

Fight Back Fridays      Gluten-Free Fridays       Foodie Friday       Weekend Social Link PartFoodtastic Weekend              Foodie Friends Friday                  Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge Farm               Freedom Fridays                      Fabulously Creative Fridays                  Feathered Nest Friday                      Weekend Retreat      Eat Create Party  

Comments

  1. A simple homey stir-fry! Nice idea to serve over tomato slice. Thanks for sharing, Chaya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great how recipes just get created! I'm loaded with tomatoes and other veggies from my CSA. I love the garlic with the bok choy and truthfully would never have thought to pair it with tomato. Looks like I'm in for a treat! I'm definitely trying this one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I love harvest time. Toms, peppers, corn, you name it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will pat you on the back. You are one of the best at coming up with recipes based on what you have.
    I've never had bok choy--thanks for the description!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delicious way to use tomatoes, Chaya! Plus I'm always trying to find new ways to use bok choy. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost