Orange Kissed Beets


Although the recipe called for canned beets, I had the real thing, so I roasted the beets and sliced them and replaced the canned variety. This is an easy recipe and it cooked quickly. It makes a flavorful side dish and I served it with chicken, green beans and a salad. That made for a very nice dinner.




Ingredients:

1/3 cup orange juice

2 tablespoons light brown sugar

1 tablespoon oil

1/2 teaspoon cornstarch

1/8 teaspoon ground ginger

1/8 teaspoon pepper

3 beets roasted and sliced

2 tablespoons golden raisins


Method:



In a saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir orange juice, brown sugar, oil, cornstarch, ginger, salt and pepper until thick.




Add the cooked beets and raisins; heat through.  Yield: 2 servings.



Eat and Enjoy.


Linked to Full Plate Thursday     Fight Back Fridays      Gluten-Free Fridays       Foodie Friday       Weekend Social Link PartFoodtastic Weekend              Foodie Friends Friday                  Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge Farm               Freedom Fridays                      Fabulously Creative Fridays                  Feathered Nest Friday        Eat Create Party     Saturday Night Fever     Real Food Recipe Round Up Making Monday Mix it up Monday Clever Chicks Blog Hop    See Ya at the Gumbo        Let's Get Real

Comments

  1. I sometimes hesitate with fresh beets because they are so messy, but I've learned to use rubber gloves and it helps. I think fresh beets taste best. I love the flavors with the ginger and orange juice and raising. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naturally sweet, delicious and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Canned yuck. Only organic fresh here, or none.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your orange kissed beets sound really good...what a lovely side dish.


    Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just love beets and your recipe for Orange Kissed Beets looks wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with Full Plate Thursday. Have a great week and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. My introduction to beets as a child were canned. I never really like d them until trying the fresh version! Ginger and orange is something I never would have thought to add to beets, but I can see how it would work beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost