Oriental Rice with Chrystallized Ginger


For years, I wanted to get crystallized ginger but didn't see it in any of the stores.  Whenever, I came across a recipe that called for it, I thought again to track it down but I guess, it was not that important.  The other day, I was in one of the local stores that I frequent on a regular basis and there on the shelf was the ginger.  I am wondering if it had been there all the time or if they just got it in.

Oriental Rice with Crystallized Ginger

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 shallot, minced
1 tablespoon Crystallized Ginger, chopped fine
2 cups cooked brown rice

Method:

Heat oil in a skillet.

Add shallot and cook for 3 minutes.

Add the crystallized ginger and cook for another minute or 2. Stir occasionally.

Add rice to the pan and mix all the ingredients.

When everything is heated, it is ready to be served.

Eat and enjoy.


Treasure Box Tuesday      Two Cup Tuesday       In and Out of the Kitchen       Tuesday’s Table                 Fat Tuesday       Hearth and Soul Hop      Gluten Free & DIY Tuesdays       Simple Supper Tuesday             The Yuck Stops Here       Totally Talented Tuesday          Waste Not Want Not Wednesday            Fresh Foods Wednesdays     What's Cooking Wednesday     Wonderfully Creative Wednesdays 

Comments

  1. You can make crystallized ginger at home. So much better. And you control the sugar. And you can get better ginger root too boot. Hey, that rhymes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love chrstalized ginger and usually eat it right out of the bag. What a great idea to make it with rice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this recipe, so easy it's right up my alley! You blog is great. Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it is delicious with crystallized ginger this rice will awesome treat, thanks for sharing with hearth and Soul blog hop. pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love ginger. Thanks for sharing this on Waste Not Want Not Wednesday, I'm featuring it tonight :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost