Potage Parmentier



I have a number of containers of cooked chicken soup in my freezer and I use this as a base for many dishes, especially soups.  Since the holidays are coming up, I defrosted a few and turned them into different soups such as this Potage Parmentier.  This was easy to make and we loved every spoonful.

I spent the day cooking soups and rice dishes and I hope to share them all with you.

Potage Parmentier  (adapted from Julia Child)
Ingredients:

4 peeled potatoes, sliced or diced

1 bunch thinly sliced leeks including the tender green

1 quart of chicken broth

4 tablespoons Rice Milk

salt and pepper to taste

2 to 3 tablespoons minced chives



Method:



Simmer the vegetables in the soup until cooked, about 30 minutes.

Add the Rice Milk.  Add salt and pepper.

Using a hand blender, mix to smoothness, you want.  If you like some lumps of vegetables, remove them before using the blender.



Add the chives.


Comments

  1. Sounds comforting and delicious, Chaya! Thanks so much for sharing it at Savoring Saturdays. I'm going to feature it at this weekend's party. Hope you'll come link up again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful! We are a big soup family here! Thanks for sharing it with us at Foodie Fridays last week...I am embarrassed to admit I am finishing up making my rounds a little late, so sorry! We were glad to have you and I hope you will be joining us again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Potage Parmentier sounds delicious, Chaya. I love how you have made it dairy free too. Thank you for sharing it with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chives and leeks and potatoes...delicious! Perfect comfort food.

    I like your trick for keeping soup base in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost