Cooking Rice

English: cooking rice step 2: add water and bo...
My husband is the rice maven, in the family and when I told him about this new method, I came across on the Internet, he wanted to try it. He did just that and sure enough, we had perfect rice. This does not work if you are cooking your rice in soup or some other liquid, other than water. Give it a try and you may to find that there is such a thing, as sure-fire rice.

As an aside, I don't make the rice anymore. I ask my husband to do it since he raves about "his way", so often. Wouldn't you know it? I am now humming, Frank Sinatra's "My Way."

This is such an easy way to make rice without measuring, yet turning out perfect rice, each time. Try it. Then you will believe it.


Cooking Perfect Brown Rice 

Take as much brown rice as you will need. T

Rinse rice once. (Put it in a strainer with smaller holes and run cold water over it.)

Take a large pot and put at least 7 cups of water in this pot. Boil water. (For about two cups of uncooked rice. You could also put in 6, 7, 8 cups of water. It does not matter.)

Add rice to boiling water.

Stir rice once or twice.

Do not cover.

Maintain a slow boil for 45 minutes.

Turn off heat.

Drain water from pot. Cover and let sit for twenty minutes.

Fluff with fork and enjoy.

It does take longer but it is low maintenance.


Real Food Recipe Round Up      Clever Chicks Blog Hop       Saturday Night Fever

See Ya at the Gumbo

Comments

  1. I'm going to have to try making brown rice by your recipe, I love the taste of brown rice. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm singing "my way" too.
    My rice cooker died. I'll have to try this method. Thanks, Chaya!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost