Roasted Kabocha and Parsnips with Maple Glaze


I am in the midst of my cooking for the Jewish holidays and I decided the easiest way to accomplish my goals is to use specific ingredients in several recipes.  For example, I made a large pot of rice and made four different dishes with the rice.  I did the same with quinoa and with kabocha.  It seemed amazing how quickly completely different dishes fell into place.

This recipe is from Bon Appetit.


Roasted Kabocha and Parsnips with Maple Glaze(adapted)


INGREDIENTS


2 cups 1/2-inch cubes peeled kabocha squash
2 cups 1/4- to 1/3-inch cubes peeled parsnips
2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons oil
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper


Method:

Grease 11x7x2-inch  baking dish. 

Combine kabocha and parsnips in large bowl. 

Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Add oil.

Whisk in remaining ingredients. 

Add to squash mixture and toss to coat. 

Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. 



Preheat oven to 375°F. 

Cover squash mixture with foil. Bake covered 40 minutes.

 Uncover; bake until all vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes longer. 

Eat and enjoy.

Linked to: See Ya at the Gumbo      Real Food Recipe Round Up            Treasure Box Tuesday                        Two Cup Tuesday           In and Out of the Kitchen           Tuesday’s TableFat                   Tuesday Hearth and Soul Hop           Gluten Free & DIY Tuesdays                   Simple Supper Tuesday                        The Yuck Stops 

Comments

  1. Chaya,
    I love your idea for speeding up the cooking by repeating ingredients. I know parsnips are good, but I would never think to use them in a side dish.- I only have used them in soup. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect side for the season. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy chaya ! Hope you're all well. Love this healthy dish so much. Enjoy & have a wonderful week aheadd dear.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet and peppery... sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always looking for new ways to serve squash and my family love parsnips so this is the perfect recipe for us, Chaya. Love the addition of the maple syrup. Thank you for sharing it with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great tip for holiday cooking. Or even cooking for several days at a time.
    The glaze with maple and rosemary sounds tasty, Chaya.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost