Thai Salmon Fillets


When I planned the week's meals from AllRecipes, I chose the a Thai noodle dish so when I decided on salmon  to go with it, I also focused on Thai.  I like dishes with these seasonings.  They tend to always work with whatever the main ingredients are.  They work in a stir fry, meat and fish.  I even have made a chicken soup with many of the same ingredients.


Ingredients:

2-3 salmon fillets or steaks
4 tablespoons hoisin sauce (gluten-free)
4 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
2-3 green onions, finely sliced or chopped

Method:

Place salmon in a baking dish.  For two pieces, I used a square pan.

In a separate bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, honey, and chili flakes.

Stir well to dissolve the honey. Add white parts of the green onion.

Pour over salmon, turning pieces to saturate. Cover and allow to marinate in your refrigerator 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spoon a little more sauce over each piece, then recover and bake at 350 degrees 20 - 25 minutes.

Serve salmon with some of the sauce spooned over each piece, topping with a sprinkling of green onion.


Comments

  1. I like those flavors too, Chaya. Especially green onion together with soy sauce.
    Thank you for sharing with See Ya in the Gumbo this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost