Avocado Pasta



I was looking through Inspired Taste when I saw this pasta and knew I had to make it. The site is fantastic with tons of recipes, you might want to make. I know, I do.

My husband doesn't love avocado although he eats it, when served, but I love it, so this was more for me than for him. That is so unusual since I love cooking for him and usually make what he wants, before what I want. I eat a more varied diet and like almost everything he wants. He can't say the same. He eats a more bland diet than I like so I spice up my food on my plate, rather than in the cooking. This is not necessarily the same but it works well enough for me.

I am married to one of those men who has done a lot for me, over the years, and cooking seems so small compared to all he has given of himself. There are those moments though, when I want something and this is one of them. I love this.
Avocado Pasta (Adapted from Inspired Taste)

Ingredients:

8 ounces pasta (brown rice spaghetti)
1 avocado
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon salt (I added more on my plate.)
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 medium tomato
1 green onion, finely chopped

Method:

Cook pasta according to package directions. Once cooked, reserve 1/2 cup of hot pasta water then drain pasta.


In the meantime, de-seed and dice the tomato then set aside. 

Next, add avocado to a large bowl and use a fork to mash into a paste (some chunks are fine). 

Add lemon juice, salt and a sprinkle of pepper then mix well. Taste for seasoning and add salt and/or pepper to taste.
Add cooked and drained pasta, 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water and tomatoes to the avocado; toss.

 The avocado should turn into a thin sauce that coats the pasta, if you need to thin the sauce out slightly, add a little more pasta water then serve with green onions sprinkled on top.
Eat and enjoy.

Linked to:  Saturday Night Fever                 Weekend Retreat               Weekend Potluck               Foodie Friday with the Seaman Mom             Best of the Week              Savoring Saturdays          Strut Your Stuff Saturday                   Super Saturday     Real Food Recipe Round Up           Mix it up Monday            Clever Chicks Blog Hop
See Ya at the Gumbo     Treasure Box Tuesday      Two Cup Tuesday       In and Out of the Kitchen       Tuesday’s Table                 Fat Tuesday       Hearth and Soul Hop      Gluten Free & DIY Tuesdays       Simple Supper Tuesday             The Yuck Stops Here     Totally Talented Tuesday          Waste Not Want Not Wednesday      

Comments

  1. Chaya,
    My husband would love this recipe and I'm pinning it for him!!
    Come visit me , I posted a GF free challah that you make from start to finish in one hour that your husband may like. Happy and Healthy New Year. L'shana Tovah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made avocado sauce very often and we still can't get enough of it. Your pasta looks very delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arrived here from a linky so I hope not to offend by stating that I had planned shrimp scampi for tomorrow's dinner and now I know what I will have with it - no shopping required!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Husband looooooves pasta, but never tried with avocado. Sounds interesting and it looks inviting!!
    Happy Rosh Hashanah dear Chaya - to you and all your family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Avocado is something I could eat everyday. I usually just slice it or dice and add to salad. Have never tried it as a sauce before. This looks good, Chaya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Avocado pasta looks delicious, http://bizzybakesb.blogspot.com/2014/09/broccoli-leek-and-apple-soup.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost