Slow Cooked Beef Ragu - Donna Hay






Slow cooked beef ragu adapted from Donna Hay.
This week, that ladies of WwDH made a slow cooked beef ragu.  Sara made the selection this week.  I did make some changes.  I had a bag of baby carrots so I used some of these in place of a carrot.  I skipped the garlic, used dried rosemary, and eliminated the Parmesan.  

I didn't shred the beef although it was cut into small pieces.  The meat was tender and had the necessary vegetables to serve this successfully with the polenta.  This is a dish my husband really enjoyed and would have loved years ago before we cut back on meat.  It was a good recipe.

It included extra virgin olive oil, beef brisket, sea salt and cracked black pepper, onion, chopped,  cloves garlic, crushed,  carrot, peeled , sprigs rosemary,  red wine,  beef stock, 

water,  chopped tomatoes,  red wine vinegar  tomato paste and the creamy polenta, 

As you can see, I did not chop up the carrots and instead left them whole.  It felt like we were having more of a meal, in  this way.

Please check out our new page with the links from other members.

Linked to: Foodie Friday with the Seaman Mom        Foodie Friends Friday        The Weekend Social

Comments

  1. Love Donna Hay's recipes! Your ragu looks so tasty and flavoursome, Chaya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... looks delicious and healthy!
    http://dimplekhadi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good Chaya. I enjoyed this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shredded my beef and was surprised how much I liked doing it! It was kind of calming; haha! I'm glad your husband liked it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good...nice and comforting for this cold week here. My carrots sort of got lost in the whole combination so I think next time I would make mine larger as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My carrots were larger too and i liked them that way. This was so delicious to me. Great recipe! Yours looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was so good, we're rewinding and having it again tonight. I was using multicolored carrots and mine got lost in the ragu. Looks lovely, Chaya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've cut back on beef a lot in the last few years but you cannot beat a good roast. I will have to go back and make this one since everyone says it is so good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost