Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Slow Cooked Beef Ragu - Donna Hay






Slow cooked beef ragu adapted from Donna Hay.
This week, that ladies of WwDH made a slow cooked beef ragu.  Sara made the selection this week.  I did make some changes.  I had a bag of baby carrots so I used some of these in place of a carrot.  I skipped the garlic, used dried rosemary, and eliminated the Parmesan.  

I didn't shred the beef although it was cut into small pieces.  The meat was tender and had the necessary vegetables to serve this successfully with the polenta.  This is a dish my husband really enjoyed and would have loved years ago before we cut back on meat.  It was a good recipe.

It included extra virgin olive oil, beef brisket, sea salt and cracked black pepper, onion, chopped,  cloves garlic, crushed,  carrot, peeled , sprigs rosemary,  red wine,  beef stock, 

water,  chopped tomatoes,  red wine vinegar  tomato paste and the creamy polenta, 

As you can see, I did not chop up the carrots and instead left them whole.  It felt like we were having more of a meal, in  this way.

Please check out our new page with the links from other members.

Linked to: Foodie Friday with the Seaman Mom        Foodie Friends Friday        The Weekend Social

8 comments:

  1. Love Donna Hay's recipes! Your ragu looks so tasty and flavoursome, Chaya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... looks delicious and healthy!
    http://dimplekhadi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good Chaya. I enjoyed this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shredded my beef and was surprised how much I liked doing it! It was kind of calming; haha! I'm glad your husband liked it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good...nice and comforting for this cold week here. My carrots sort of got lost in the whole combination so I think next time I would make mine larger as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My carrots were larger too and i liked them that way. This was so delicious to me. Great recipe! Yours looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was so good, we're rewinding and having it again tonight. I was using multicolored carrots and mine got lost in the ragu. Looks lovely, Chaya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've cut back on beef a lot in the last few years but you cannot beat a good roast. I will have to go back and make this one since everyone says it is so good.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.