Monday, February 9, 2015

Mediterranean Meatloaf - Joy Bauer



You may feel like Joy Bauer is living in your home.  I certainly do and she would make a great guest and we would be eating healthier and more delicious meals.  I am doing second best and simply cooking her recipes and we are a happier family.

My husband loves meatloaf and I tolerate it.  When I eat it, I like it but I wouldn't just make it if hubby didn't consider it a favorite. 

I saw a photo of this Mediterranean Meatloaf in Joy's book, Slim and Scrumptious.  The picture showed this turkey mixture loaded with veggies and it was pretty with all the colors shining out.   I made it that night. 


Mediterranean Meatloaf  (adapted from Joy Bauer)


1 pound lean ground turkey 

1 cup packed chopped spinach

cup diced roasted bell peppers (in a jar)  I must include these more  often.

½ cup shredded zucchini

¼ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, diced (another winning addition)

¼ cup diced celery

2 shallots, finely diced

2 tablespoons tomato paste

2 teaspoons gluten-free Worcestershire sauce

1 teaspoon dried oregano

½ teaspoon dried thyme

salt and pepper to taste

1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes

1 egg beater (the recipe called for 2 egg whites.  Egg Beaters are made up of almost all whites so I decided to use them instead.)


Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place all ingredients into a large bowl. 

Mix together thoroughly so the veggies spread out throughout the meatloaf.

Put into a large meatloaf pan or shape and put on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.

Bake for 60 minutes.

Eat and enjoy

For more of Joy Bauer's recipes, please go here.



Linked to: See Ya at the Gumbo Real Food Recipe Round Up Sweet and Savory Sundays Treasure Box Tuesday Hearth and Soul Hop Tuesday’s Table Simple Supper Fat Tuesday

1 comment:

  1. This recipe really does sound scrumptious, Chaya - and so healthy and wholesome too! Thank you for sharing it with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.