Mediterranean Meatloaf - Joy Bauer



You may feel like Joy Bauer is living in your home.  I certainly do and she would make a great guest and we would be eating healthier and more delicious meals.  I am doing second best and simply cooking her recipes and we are a happier family.

My husband loves meatloaf and I tolerate it.  When I eat it, I like it but I wouldn't just make it if hubby didn't consider it a favorite. 

I saw a photo of this Mediterranean Meatloaf in Joy's book, Slim and Scrumptious.  The picture showed this turkey mixture loaded with veggies and it was pretty with all the colors shining out.   I made it that night. 


Mediterranean Meatloaf  (adapted from Joy Bauer)


1 pound lean ground turkey 

1 cup packed chopped spinach

cup diced roasted bell peppers (in a jar)  I must include these more  often.

½ cup shredded zucchini

¼ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, diced (another winning addition)

¼ cup diced celery

2 shallots, finely diced

2 tablespoons tomato paste

2 teaspoons gluten-free Worcestershire sauce

1 teaspoon dried oregano

½ teaspoon dried thyme

salt and pepper to taste

1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes

1 egg beater (the recipe called for 2 egg whites.  Egg Beaters are made up of almost all whites so I decided to use them instead.)


Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place all ingredients into a large bowl. 

Mix together thoroughly so the veggies spread out throughout the meatloaf.

Put into a large meatloaf pan or shape and put on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.

Bake for 60 minutes.

Eat and enjoy

For more of Joy Bauer's recipes, please go here.



Linked to: See Ya at the Gumbo Real Food Recipe Round Up Sweet and Savory Sundays Treasure Box Tuesday Hearth and Soul Hop Tuesday’s Table Simple Supper Fat Tuesday

Comments

  1. This recipe really does sound scrumptious, Chaya - and so healthy and wholesome too! Thank you for sharing it with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost