Crustless Tomato Ricotta Pie



This was described as a cross between a frittata and a quiche.  I like both.  Despite that, I found this to be eggy and I would cut down to two eggs, next time.  The tomatoes gave life to the dish and it is a wonderful way to use tomatoes when you have a summer crop.  I know, it is winter, but both hubby and I brought home tomatoes and there is a limit to how many I can use.

Crustless Tomato Ricotta Pie  (adapted from Big Oven)


Ingredients:



15 ounce Ricotta Cheese; part skim 

1/4 cup Milk; low-fat
4 large Eggs 
1 tablespoon Cornstarch

1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
 1/2 cup Fresh Basil, chopped

1 dash Salt 

1 dash Pepper 
1 pound Tomato; sliced

Method:



Preheat over to 375. 

In a large bowl, whisk ricotta, eggs,  parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until blended.



In measuring cup, stir milk and cornstarch until smooth, then whisk into cheese mixture. 

Stir in basil .

 Pour mixture into nonstick 10-inch skillet with oven safe handle.

 Arrange tomatoes on top, overlapping slices if necessary.



Bake pie 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned and set around edge with puffed center. 

Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Eat and enjoy.

linked to See Ya at the Gumbo     Real Food Recipe Round Up        Sweet and Savory Sundays 
                Treasure Box Tuesday    Hearth and Soul Hop     Tuesday’s Table       Simple Supper           Fat Tuesday    Saturday Night Fever


Comments

  1. Mmm this looks great! Looks really tasty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm this looks great! Looks really tasty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Crustless Tomato Pie looks scrumptious, Chaya! I've pinned it and look forward to trying it soon! Thank you for sharing it with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good, but if it was eggy I'd have to cut back too. I have a weird thing about eggs! I do love tomatoes though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love egg dishes, this would be lovely with a salad and fresh bread, Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great day!! Laura@Baking in Pyjamas

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost