Peanut Chicken



It is common for me, it bread chicken with different nuts, but not peanuts, which of course, are not really nuts. This was my first attempt and a very successful one at that.


Cooking Light  
I find good recipes in a variety of places and I think, I am the most successful with Cooking Light. Usually, healthy recipes run rampant and they don't lack for taste and appeal. 

I was thinking that I could have mixed the honey and mustard with peanut butter and coated the chicken with that combination and then breaded it in the tortilla crumbs.

The best part of this recipe is that it is baked and there is no grease to contend with.



Peanut Chicken (adapted from Cooking Light)

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/3 cup peanuts
1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
4 chicken breast cutlets 
Cooking spray

Method:

Preheat oven to 500°.

Combine honey and mustard in a small bowl; stir well. Place peanuts and tortilla chips in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped.

Brush each cutlet with honey mixture; dredge cutlets in peanut mixture. 

Place cutlets on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; lightly coat cutlets with cooking spray. 

Bake at 500° for 8 minutes or until done.

Eat and enjoy.

Linked to: 

Comments

  1. Yum! This recipe looks so delicious and yet so simple that maybe even I could make it! Thank you for linking it up at the This Is How We Roll Thursday party.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost