Friday, July 11, 2014

Zucchini and Ricotta Frittata - WWDH


It must be, without my teaching schedule that I lose track of some of my responsibilities.  It is true, when I don't go to work, each day, I am at a loss what to do next.  It is not that I don't have plenty to do.  Actually, I have more responsibilities and tasks.  


While the summer is supposed to be vacation, it is also an opportunity to catch up on what I can't do during the school year.  I make a point of making scheduled appointments during the summer which takes off the pressure of working them into my work schedule.

As a result every day is different.  I may have a luncheon date, one day and a doctor's appointment on another.  I just might want to have a shopping treat day or go see one of the kids.  While, I love this for the summer, I am a more productive person, on a schedule, the months that I teach.

Why am I telling you all of this?  I mixed up which recipe, I was supposed to make this week for Wednesdays with Donna Hay.  Of course, I did this, on a week when the chosen recipe was mine.  Furthermore, I have really wanted to make this for a long time.  I love cheesy casseroles and here is this marvelous zucchini ricotta dish and I didn't make it.......at least, not until tonight.  

I am glad, I chose this and that I made it.  It is a one bowl recipe and a one pan recipe.  You mix all the ingredients together, after shredding the zucchini which I did in my mini food processor.  There are few ingredients, the most important being the zucchini, ricotta and Parmesan.  I guess the eggs count also.  I cut the recipe to about 3/4 of the original and we could have eaten more.  I learned my lesson.

The finished product was this creamy cheesy mixture with a subtle flavoring from the zucchini.

You can find the recipe here.

Linked to:   Foodie Friday  Foodtastic Fridays     The Yuck Stops Here       Freedom Fridays     Real Food Friday    Fight Back Friday       Wednesdays Whatsits      Allergy Free Wednesday 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chaya,
    This looks wonderful! I'm keeping this recipe to try! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never put ricotta in a frittata...great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubby is a teacher and with him and the kids all home during the summer vacation months it makes for a very different schedule, so I can totally empathize with you about that! I love frittata, and I'm especially fond of one bowl one pan/pot meals! I'm so glad you've joined us at The Yuck Stops Here recipe link party, I hope you'll bring another delicious recipe or two next week (technically tomorrow evening, lol). HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.