The Secret Recipe Club was started by Amanda from Amanda's Cookin' who has amazing recipes on her blog and has divided into four groups, one for each of the weeks of the month. I am in group A led by Jane Bonacci of the Heritage Cook, a blog, in my opinion, you must visit.
My secret blog is the Cookaholic Wife who is really Nichole who strives to challenge herself with her cooking and as far as I can tell, has done a masterful job. I spent a lot of time exploring the blog and found a number of recipes that interested me such as blueberry banana bread, several muffins and pasta.
Funny how the results are chosen in weird ways. It was lunch time and hubby asked what I was making and I told him to hold on while I checked The Cookaholic Wife who was going to determine our lunch and she did with this frittata.
Source: A Cookaholic Wife Creation
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
1 cup broccoli, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 large onion, diced
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tablespoon canola oil
salt and pepper
1. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat then add the mushrooms, broccoli, red pepper and onion and cook until slightly soft, about 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 and lightly spray a 8 or 9 in cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Add the cheese, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
4. Once the vegetables are soft, add them to the bowl with the eggs and cheese. Stir to combine and then pour into the cake pan.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the eggs have set through and are a lightly golden brown color on the edges.
6. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Above is the recipe from the blog with two minor changes. I used oil instead of butter and broccoli instead of green bell pepper (which I was out of and wanted to keep some green in the recipe). This is a delicious frittata. I got the seal of approval from hubby and we ate every bite.
Linked to Savory Sundays Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays Tuesday’s Tasty Tidbits. Allergy Free Wednesdays Whole Food Wednesdays Real Food Wednesday Hearth and Soul Pennywise Platter Foodie Friday