Cinnamon Wonton Cookies

Have you ever been surprised by a visitor?  Has a niece or nephew or grandchild ever stopped by, unexpectedly?  Your closest friend invites herself to dinner and you have no dessert.

You have choices:

  • Take time and go to the store and buy something - did I say buy?  We are foodies?  Are we allowed to buy?  Seriously, we are and we should realize that rather than beat ourselves down, doing more than possible in less time than needed, we must buy dessert or anything else, that is needed.
  • Frantically, try to make a strawberry shortcake or chocolate mousse.  After all, if you are going to do, you want to do it right, no shortcuts, no mixes,-------complicated and fantastic but draining on you.
  • Make wonton cookies or pie shell cookies.  Decorate them or serve them with a dip.  Takes little time and little effort.  Crunchy flavored crisps.
Cinnamon Wonton Cookies

Ingredients:
20 wontons
1/2 cup sugar
1 - 3 teaspoons cinnamon (I like it heavy)
spray cooking oil

Method:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut each wonton into two triangles.
Place on cookie sheets in a single layer.
In a small bowl or a cup, mix the cinnamon and sugar.
Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar on triangles.
Spray lightly with cooking oil.
Bake for 6 minutes until golden.

Take a bite.

There is no reason you could not dip these in melted chocolate or sprinkle sprinkles on these cookies.  Your imagination must be your guide.


Linked to:
Tea Party Tuesdays    Hearth and Soul    Totally Tasty Tuesdays (Mandy's Recipe Box),
 Talent Show Tuesday (Chef in Training),     Trick or Treat Tuesday (Inside BruCrew Life), 

Comments

  1. Sounds similar to something I made years ago using flour tortillas. Must revisit and try with wontons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading about these. They sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These remind me of cinnamon sugar pita chips...and given how addictive THOSE are, I'm sure these are equally so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually keep a frozen quickbread on hand for these situations, but these would make an excellent snack even when company doesn't unexpectedly drop in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these...plus everything tastes good with cinnamon! Ha! I should of named my blog that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great recipe! So simple and so, so yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award. Head on over to my blog to claim it. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bizzy, you are very creative and I like how you can whip up a recipe so quick. Anything with cinnamon and sugar, count me in. I am so happy you shared this with us at Kids in the Kitchen. Hope to see you again next Tuesday and what you've whipped up. :) Carrie-young living oil lady

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! I love crispy cinnamon cookies. Thanks for linking up to my blog hop! Hope you have a great weekend, xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sound delicious! I love how quick and easy your cinnamon wonton cookies are - what a lovely treat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful idea for a fast and easy dessert! I am bookmarking this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for linking up with Kids in the Kitchen! following you on Linky :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost