"Nutella" Cookies


These delicious cookies are dependent on Nutella which I don't use because it is dairy.  I subbed with something very similar, I found in the store, and Rice Dream subbed for the milk. I used a teaspoon cookie scoop and baked these for 8 - 9 minutes.


Chocolate Nutella Cookies (adapted from Our Best Bites)

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/3 cup Nutella substitute
1/3 cup Rice Dream

Method:

Preheat oven to 325°

In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Set the mixture aside. In a large bowl, beat together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes or until smooth. Add the extract and beat for another 30 seconds or so. Add the "Nutella" and beat until smooth.


With the mixer running, add half of the flour mixture and mix until combined. Add the Rice Dream, mixing until combined completely, then add the remaining flour mixture and mix completely. Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least 15 minutes (and as long as 2-3 days).

When you’re ready to bake the cookies, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll teaspoons of dough into balls and place them on the lined cookie sheet, allowing about 2″ between the dough balls.

Lightly press down the dough balls with and then bake for 8 - 10 minutes or until the cookies are crackly on top and soft, but starting to set. Remove from the oven and allow them to stand for about 5 minutes and then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

You won't be sorry, if you make these.

Comments

  1. Anything with nutella is delicious to me!D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy!

    I am here to like your FB page for Social Sunday, but I cant seem to find it. Please message me the link. I did follow you through Linky though.

    Thanks for the follow back! :)
    http://adventuresinmiscellany.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, these sound chocolaty and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great..I made my first nutella brownies last week..way good! I now know a secret ingredient!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look positively mouth watering!! Yum yum! :), Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, yum!
    Guess what? Congratulations! You are the Eggland's Best Giveaway winner! Please send me an email so I can give your contact info to the EB rep. michmech73 @ yahoo . com (remove all spaces)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hubby is crazy about Nutella so I know he'd love these! I'll have to whip him up a batch next time a sweet tooth hits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cookies would be perfect with a cup of tea - they look so delicious. My husband and son love nutella so I'll have to give these a try. It's great you were able to find a substitute for it too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost