Bake with Bizzy - Baked Beef Wontons

I looked through Chaya's Comfy Cook and found a recipe for baked wontons.  Since Wonton Warrior is on a rampage, I brought it over to share with you and the warrior.  


I am having great fun with my wontons and puffed pastry and I can't wait to share all the delicious recipes, I have created.  Once, you get started, it becomes easy to throw a few things together and voila, have good eating.  My only regret is that sometimes, I cook them in hot oil.  I drain them as much as possible and they don't taste at all greasy so I am hoping that the quick cooking in really hot oil, protects the person enjoying these dishes.


I remember these wontons and they were tasty. 


Baked Beef Wontons 


Ingredients:

2 cups finely chopped cooked beef
1/3 cup shredded carrot
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon 
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
20 wonton wrappers
1 tablespoon olive oil
Plum or sweet-sour sauce

Method:

In a bowl, combine chopped beef and carrot .


In another bowl, combine cornstarch, water, soy sauce and ginger until smooth. Add to beef mixture; toss to coat.



Spoon 1 teaspoon of filling in the center of each wonton wrapper. 

Moisten edges with water. Bring opposite points together; pinch to seal                                                                                   Place on greased baking sheets. Brush oil over wontons. 
Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with plum or sweet-sour sauce.
                                       

Time to look at what you baked, last week.


MJ's Kitchen always has interesting dishes and here is one that I love.  It is called Calabacitas Enchiladas.
 



Next, we have Cheddar buns that are unbelievable.  This is from Kitchen Flavours who is quite a baker.  Look how soft these buns are and at all the delicious little sparks of color inside.
 

How about Sweet Potato Chips with Rosemary Salt from one very smart baker, Galley Kitchen?  These are wonderful to eat and to make.


Sweet Potato Chips with Rosemary Salt 



We need some sweet food so look at this one. Carrot Cake Pie from Crazy for Crust.   This intrigues me.  I look at the photo and I can taste it.  Yummy.
 

This is linked to Hearth and Soul   Pennywise Platters   Frugal Food Thursdays  Full Plate Thursdays    Wednesday Cast Party   GCC Recipe Swap
Your turn.  Please join us.

Comments

  1. From the won tons to the sweet potato pie--it all looks delicious!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wontons look so good! I've never made them before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with Bonnie! Can we please come for dinner? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the feature! :) And thanks for hosting again this week. Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have shared Crunchy Pecan Chicken. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, thanks so much for featuring my silly sweet potato chips! You're a dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love wontons, either deep-fried or in soups! Your baked version looks delicious!
    Thank you for featuring my buns and your lovely words! I've linked up an apple pie to share. Thank you for hosting and have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wontons, how lovely and delicious. Just linked up my newest creation. It's a frozen Apple Chai Cream Cheese Pie with a spiced oat streusel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how baked wontons get just as crispy as their fried counterparts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wontons made with puff pastry! What a great idea! The filling possibilities are \endless...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been meaning to make wontons or gyozas lately. This is the push I needed, they sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmm those wontons look awesome!! And I love all the links you shared as well - those sweet potato chips look wonderful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the invitation. I lnked the cheesecake for ya. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Linked, thank you very much for inviting me. Your blog looks awesome, and the wontons very tasty. I'll certainly try them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never thought of baking wontons before, Chaya! But they look just as golden and crispy as the fried ones. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. For being baked these look so crispy and delicious Chaya! The pie is calling my name too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonton Warrior always shares something fun!
    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been wanting to make some won tons. Thanks for hosting and this fabulous recipe. Stop by to enter your linky party in my linky list.

    Amy @ Pounds4Pennies

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's amazing all of the wonderful things you can do with wontons and your beef wontons are no exception! They look delicious. Love that they are baked! Thanks so much for featuring my enchiladas! They are are favorite and I can't wait for some fresh squash so I can make them again! All of your featured recipes look fabulous as well as most of the hop entries. It's hard to choose which to try first.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like the look and sound of these wontons, especially as they are baked and not fried! Thank you for sharing them and for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I never knew you can bake them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost