Muffin Mondays - Pear and Almond Muffins

Fruit and nuts in a muffin is a winning combination.  As you may have noticed, many of my muffins are made with different fruits and nuts.  That is because hubby likes these.


I don't use pear enough.  While, I keep apples in the house, at all times, I only have pears when I plan to use them.  This week, I was careful to pick up some, so I could make muffins with them.

Pear and Almond Muffins

Ingredients :

 1/2 cup ground almonds  (I process and store them for future use.)
1 1/3 cup gluten-free brown rice flour mixture  (You can use ready made King Arthur's gluten free flour or all purpose flour)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk
1  egg
2 pears, peeled and diced

Method:

Preheat oven to 400°.  Grease 12 - 15 muffin cups, depending on size of cups.


Combine flour,  baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.   Mix together.



Stir in ground almonds.

Combine brown sugar, oil, vanilla, buttermilk and egg in a small bowl.



Add to the flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Fold in pear.

Spoon batter into
 muffin cups.


Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. 


Remove from pans immediately. Place on a wire rack. 


Eat and enjoy.
Linked to Gallery of Favorites    Allergy Free Wednesdays   Cast Party Wednesday   

Comments

  1. I love pears in baked goods, and I was just thinking about using pears a couple of days ago! Muffins sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't use pear enough either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great combo in your muffins! (Think something's missing in ingredient list....1 1/3 cups gluten free what? Assume flour.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been seeing a lot of pear and almond combos lately. These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree...I love the combo of fruit and muffins. Thank you for sharing...my stomach is grumbling and my mind is inspired. I hope you are having a blessed start to your week, my friend! http://anecdotesandapples.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really lovely!
    Wonderful combination - pears and almonds

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, which flour did you use? Missing in your recipe! I love the use of pear, so creative! Thanks for sharing on AFW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even though we can eat gluten, I love using ground almonds in baking because they give such a lovely flavour. They are perfect with pears as well. Your muffins sound scrumptious, Chaya. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost